December 19, 2006

Best Tool In The Box


For the caretaker of a polished airplane you might think the best tool in the tool box would be the handy dandy buffer. I do really like the way my Cyclo buffer rubs the Nuvite polish on the metal to make it shine but... the best tool I am now using is called microfiber. Some friends told me about this fancy fabric a few years ago but I just hadnt taken the time to try it out. Another friend with a polished 170 told me how he polished his whole airplane in one weekend and mentioned the use of microfiber. So I pulled a cloth out and wow... it made short work of the black residue left over from the buffing. On the way home from the airport I stopped in my local "big box" store and bought a big stack of microfiber! The metal around the doors and windows is done and as can be seen in the picture the back above the paint line. Will work on the lower fuselage next. Let the polishing continue...

No comments:

2023 Aviators Gift Guide

 We have a some recommendations for you to order a few last minute Christmas gifts for the aviation enthusiast in your life. There might jus...