February 22, 2009

P-47 Progress



While looking thru the forum posts on Plane Talk yesterday I came across some recent pictures of the P-47 under restoration with The Fighter Collection at Duxford. Years ago this P-47 was on display at the Lone Star Flight Museum but had not flown in years. The picture above in the "Little Demon" markings is a shot I took while it was in Texas in the early 1990's. When I heard it was to be restored I made note to follow along as best I could. This "razorback" P-47 will be one of the few P-47s flying of this model. I hope to post more pictures as it nears flight. Thanks to Brian for permission to post his picture.

No comments:

2023 Aviators Gift Guide

 We have a some recommendations for you to order a few last minute Christmas gifts for the aviation enthusiast in your life. There might jus...