July 2, 2017

Curtiss Robin Cowling


In April of 2016 I took delivery of my Curtiss Robin cowling parts. These are from an OX-5 Robin. They are a fun addition to my collection. The coolest thing about their delivery is that they were flown to me on a Challenger 300 business jet! The pilot had permission from the owner to pack them in the back for the trip to Texas. With the help of a new aviation acquaintance who worked the ramp we loaded them up on the "follow me" cart and took them to my car. Yes... I made them fit!

1920s airplane parts flying in a corporate jet!

The coolest baggage loaded on THIS cart!

Yes the cowling fits

Trunk full of cowling

No comments:

2023 Aviators Gift Guide

 We have a some recommendations for you to order a few last minute Christmas gifts for the aviation enthusiast in your life. There might jus...